How to prevent your computer from going to sleep during large uploads?
When uploading large videos, your computer may go to sleep due to inactivity, and result in disrupting the upload. For larger disruptions, this can result in upload failure.
To resolve this, you can update your computer's power settings to prevent it from going to sleep when uploads are in progress.
Windows 10 (or newer)
- Go to Settings > Power & Sleep
- In the Sleep section, make sure to choose 'Never' option for both battery power and plugged in.
- With this setting, your computer will not go to sleep automatically.
Note: You may choose to turn off the screen/display as you prefer, as it doesn't affect uploads.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left of your screen, and select System Preferences
- Go to the Energy Saver section (as highlighted below):
- Slide the 'Turn off display after' setting to 'Never'
- Make sure to check on the 'Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off'.